BridgeAbroadTerms and Conditions
The following policies apply to all BridgeAbroad programs and participants.
Fees & Payments
- All prices and fees are listed in U.S. Dollars.
- Prices are updated every calendar year. Prices and dates are subject to change without notice and will be confirmed upon invoicing. For current prices, please refer to the BridgeAbroad website at http://studyabroad.bridge.edu.
- A non-refundable $95 application fee (or $125 application fee for all internship programs) is required with the completed application. This fee cannot be applied to the program fee and will only be refunded if BridgeAbroad cancels the program (excluding instances of Force Majeure).
- A non-refundable $95 rush fee will be applied to any participant who submits an application after the stated application deadlines.
- Within one week of acceptance into the BridgeAbroad program, participants must submit a non-refundable confirmation deposit of $500 to verify their participation on the program. This deposit, which is applied to the overall program fee, will not be refundable for any reason, unless BridgeAbroad cancels the program prior to commencement of the program (excluding instances of Force Majeure).If the program acceptance is issued within sixty (60) days prior to the scheduled program arrival date, the applicant will be responsible for paying a deposit of $500 in addition to fifty (50) percent of the remaining program balance.
- Fifty (50) percent of the remaining program balance will be due sixty (60) days prior to the scheduled program arrival date. If this payment is not received by the deadline, BridgeAbroad will consider your application withdrawn, your enrollment will be cancelled, and all cancellation policies will apply. The remainder of the program fee will be due in full thirty (30) days prior to the program arrival date. BridgeAbroad will not be able to confirm course enrollment, housing, or other on-site accommodations until full payment has been received.
- If a participant applies and is accepted to a program after the stated payment deadlines, full payment will be due upon acceptance into the program, and all standard cancellation and refund policies apply.
- Participants must submit all program deposits and payments according to the financial deadlines determined by BridgeAbroad. Failure to do so may jeopardize participation on the program. Returned checks and declined credit card payments will be deemed as non-payment. BridgeAbroad assumes no liability if payment is declined by a participant’s credit card provider and will not disclose to a participant the reasons for the denial. The participant should contact his or her credit card provider for this information. A handling fee of $25 will be assessed on any check returned by the bank.
- If payment is not submitted by the stated deadlines, a non-refundable $195 late fee will be charged. This fee must be paid immediately, along with the remainder of the program fees due, in order to participate in the program.
- BridgeAbroad will withhold final grades for any participant with an outstanding balance due to BridgeAbroad, including amounts incurred on-site by, or on behalf of, the participant. The participant will be billed for all amounts due and owing to BridgeAbroad, which must be paid in full before grades will be released. Unpaid balances not paid within thirty (30) days of invoice will be subject to late fees of 1.5% per month.
Cancellation & Refund Policies
- All program cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing to BridgeAbroad (by email, fax, or mail). Phone calls will not be accepted. The date of receipt of the refund request will determine the refund amount payable to the withdrawing participant. If a participant does not notify BridgeAbroad about her/his withdrawal in writing, and does not arrive on-site on the scheduled program arrival date, no refunds will be issued.
- BridgeAbroad reserves the right to change or cancel a program at any time. Although BridgeAbroad endeavors to run each of its programs as scheduled, in the event that BridgeAbroad cancels a program prior to commencement of the program (excluding instances of Force Majeure), participants will receive a full refund of all fees and deposits, minus the application fee.
- In an event of Force Majeure, considered as all events beyond the control of BridgeAbroad, including, but not limited to natural or industrial disasters, acts of terror, war, civil disorder, government restrictions and/or any other cause which BridgeAbroad cannot prevent or foresee, the following refund policies apply:
- If such event occurs prior to the commencement of the program and results in cancellation of the program, BridgeAbroad will provide full refund to participants, less any program costs and third-party fees already incurred;
- If such event occurs after the commencement of the program, no refunds will be issued and BridgeAbroad will not be liable for any losses or damages. All participants are encouraged to have travel cancellation insurance to cover any such eventualities.
- All refunds will be issued back to the original form of payment within 6-8 weeks of notification of cancellation. BridgeAbroad undertakes no liability if this refund period is exceeded. If payment was made by a third-party (such as a parent or home university) on behalf of a participant, the refund will be issued to the third-party.
- No refund will be issued if the participant is dismissed from the program as a result of a violation of BridgeAbroad’s Code of Conduct or violation of law, including, but not limited to a violation resulting in deportation. Any expenses incurred by BridgeAbroad in dismissing a participant from the program for such violations will be the responsibility of the participant.
- No housing refunds will be granted if participants are removed from housing due to failure to abide by housing regulations. Participants will be responsible for paying for any damages made to the accommodations during their stay, which may reduce any or all deposit refunds and result in additional fees being owed to BridgeAbroad if the deposit is not sufficient to cover the cost of the damages. If damages occur in a shared room, all occupants will jointly and severally share financial responsibility.
- If a participant fails to submit required paperwork by the assigned deadlines and/or does not respond to BridgeAbroad communications, s/he may be considered withdrawn from the program and not eligible for a refund.
- If a participant does not fully take part in any included BridgeAbroad program activities, no refunds will be issued for the unused services.
- Participants who do not obtain the necessary passport or visa documents required, are unable to secure their desired courses or have difficulty transferring academic credit will not be subject to any special refund; the standard BridgeAbroad Cancellation Policy will apply.
- If you cancel your program after having already completed one or more BridgeVirtual language sessions, you will be subject to a cancellation fee equaling the retail price of the BridgeVirtual lessons taken in addition to the standard Cancellation & Refund policies described in this document.
- If a participant wishes to defer his or her participation on a BridgeAbroad program, s/he may only do so once. There will be no fee if the deferral or change is requested at least sixty-one (61) days prior to the scheduled program arrival date. A non-refundable $195 fee will be applied to participants who defer or change their program between sixty (60) and thirty-one (31) days prior to the scheduled program arrival date, and all standard cancellation policies apply. No deferrals or changes are allowed less than thirty-one (31) days prior to the scheduled program arrival date.
- For participants who withdraw from the program:
- 61 or more days prior to the scheduled program arrival date (as stated on the BridgeAbroad website), the participant will be refunded the full program fee, less non-refundable fees including the application fee and confirmation deposit;
- 60 days to 31 days prior to the scheduled program arrival date, the participant will be refunded 50% of the program fee, less non-refundable fees including the application fee and confirmation deposit;
- 30 days or less prior to the scheduled program arrival date, the participant will receive no refunds.
- Participants are responsible for program fees according to the schedule above. Should a participant withdraw within the timeframe listed above, having not paid the due amount of the program fee, s/he will be invoiced for the portion due and held responsible for paying that amount. If a participant fails to comply with this agreement, legal action may be taken.
- Refunds and cancellation fees are determined based on the date when the written cancellation notice is received from the participant. Please note that participants may also be responsible for additional cancellation penalties and fees at their home institution.
- BridgeAbroad may update these policies at any time without prior notice and will not be held responsible for the consequences of any such changes with respect to a participant who has not been accepted for enrollment.
contact the experts
Our expert staff is ready a help you achieve your goal of going abroad! Contact us now!
Looking to organize a study abroad program for your university group? Fill out our customized faculty-led program form to receive a personalized proposal!
What can Bridge
do for you?
At Bridge, we want to help students reach their goals.
Below are some reasons students choose to go abroad.